Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Writing "Don't Put Your Hands On Me" Part 1


So, the other morning, it's 7:15 and time to get in my car and roll to work and this tune comes into my head and a few words. I don't remember which words as I wrote more in the car.  I hurriedly kissed my wife goodbye, jumped in the car and flipped the recorder on. I didn't get a lot accomplished, but I planted the seed.  I don't know where the song came from, it's kinda' dark and I was in such a bubbly mood that morning.  I do remember hearing "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins and it has a bit of that feel to it.  I don't mind realizing somone elses work influenced mine.  Someone elses work influenced that song I'm sure.  I also hear something of a weird song I heard on the radio and found quite interesting.  I can't remember who the girl singer was, but it was one of the few times I have heard someone's voice autotuned and I didn't feel sorry for them.   I wish I could remember the song because I hear the vocal effect while I work on this song.  Maybe best I can't remember. This video is about six minutes and not too exciting, but still kind of a record of how the song begins.  I'll put up some more later if it goes any further.  In the meantime, I think I have finished "Into the Sun" and will record the whole thing tomorrow prolly. See ya'.

No comments:

Post a Comment