Sunday, April 29, 2012

Finished! I Will Wait for You


Here's a song I remembered while I was working on "Into the Sun".  It has a similar feel to it but a more serious   subject.  I was thinking about what it must be like to wait for  your spouse who serves overseas in the military and remember writing most of it in one short sitting.   I don't know if I captured the correct emotional response of one who waits and I don't know how the wives of our soldiers overseas would react to the picture I  have painted , but at this point I'm fairly satisfied with it.  And by the way, I'm aware many female soldiers serve in volatile and risky combat theatres as well as men.  But I never even thought of writing it from a husband's viewpoint.  That would be an interesting challenge, but I don't think I'm gonna' deal with it.  Anyway, feel free to give me feedback on this puppy and let me know if you think I touched any reality here. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment